Network Card Stopped Working

aschiebe

Re: Network Card Stopped Working

Post by aschiebe »

Hi,
I assume you have unplugged and plugged in the network cable again, to make sure you have no connection issue?
pciconf -lv will list all your PCI devices and you should be able to find your network card.
If not listed, search in /var/log/messages for any warning/error related to the expected network card.
Hope it helps a little,
Ciao

aschiebe

Post by aschiebe »

Hi all,
somehow this thread s broken, as only my answer/question is visible and I think I can remember there was a answer, but not longer shown - somehow vanished.
But the point is, yesterday I have updated my desktop system from p4 to latest p5 and after reboot I see in var log messages info that my network card is going down and up in a period of 10-20seconds and this perpetual. With p4 I think all was fine and I use static ip address.
Only updated the system no other package change or config change.
Do anyone have this"feature" too and as said, this threand looks to be shortened, what are the steps to find out why my network card is going to up/down all the time?
its my home nfs server, therefore I need a stable network card.
Any hints appreciated.
Arnold

aschiebe

Post by aschiebe »

its strange, today I have redone the pkg upgrade -f and redo my rsync job and this time no up and downs of my network interface, quite stable and up as expected.
curious ... but it looks like all is fine and up and running as it was before the upgrade to p5.