Authentication Failed

cogitech

Authentication Failed

Post by cogitech »

So I went ahead and installed FuryBSD. Easy peasy.

However, when I rebooted the first time and tried to log in, the username and password don't work.

I know I typed it correctly (twice) when I set it up, and no - the caps-lock key isn't/wasn't the problem.

I'll do a re-install and try it again before I complain further, but I am 99% sure this is some sort of bug. My password has both a comma and a period in it, and I have seen this cause problems on some systems in the past.

cogitech

Re: Authentication Failed

Post by cogitech »

I just watched the FuryBSD intro video by robonuggie and I noticed when he reboots after the installation, the login screen has his chosen username there selected by default.

When I attempted my first login, the only option was "other user" and I had to type my username (and password).

What this seems to indicate is that my account didn't even get created by the installer.

I will try to repeat this using the same password and also again with a password with no special characters.

I'll post the results here.

cogitech

Post by cogitech »

Bug confirmed.

If you use a password with special characters (ex. password,. ) the installer script fails and the account is not created, however it proceeds as if everything is okay and then it is impossible to log in.

Once I removed the , and . from the end of the password, everything worked normally.

LesterScreech

Post by LesterScreech »

Hmm. You mean special characters at the end? I don't have any at the end, but there are definitely special characters in ALL of my passwords.