Proposal for a future logo change

TheSpectacularDonut

Proposal for a future logo change

Post by TheSpectacularDonut »

I recreated the original logo in Krita and thought some changes to the colour palette to reflect its heritage of coming from FreeBSD would be appropriate. I am unsure of how this will be received, however I thought I could attempt to contribute in some way. I do hope you all like it.
Attachments
The Logo
The Logo
IMG_0833.PNG (134.09 KiB) Viewed 8523 times

jmaloney

Re: Proposal for a future logo change

Post by jmaloney »

TheSpectacularDonut wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:12 am
I recreated the original logo in Krita and thought some changes to the colour palette to reflect its heritage of coming from FreeBSD would be appropriate. I am unsure of how this will be received, however I thought I could attempt to contribute in some way. I do hope you all like it.
Thanks! I was thinking of using this for the XFCE applications emblem to replace the mouse when I saw it. I'll take a look when I can, and see what it looks like with the current theme.

TheSpectacularDonut

Post by TheSpectacularDonut »

Since we're on the topic of logos & mascots aswell, have you all given it a name yet?

jmaloney

Post by jmaloney »

TheSpectacularDonut wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:27 pm
Since we're on the topic of logos & mascots aswell, have you all given it a name yet?
This was asked the other day in the telegram channel as well. I think some names were tossed around, but none of us can remember what they were since it pre-dated the telegram channel. Nothing has been chosen officially yet. Suggestions are welcome.

LesterScreech

Post by LesterScreech »

Friendly (I hope) suggestion: Logos might be better as vectors. Infinitely scalable (except EXTREMELY small), and are small in size. (So small, in fact, that they can be placed directly into HTML.) :shock:

nedobry

Post by nedobry »

It would be great to be able to change the logo of the rat to FuryBSD(FreeBSD) :)

montana223

Post by montana223 »

Logo is amazing I am looking to go for this logo for sheet sets brand
Shop online Bedsheet Australia @elanlinen.com.au